Tips for better Sleep
According to a new sleep survey conducted by Health o meter™ nuyu™, 91 percent of people revealed that they always or sometimes wake up in the middle of the night.
"Getting better sleep is not an easy task," says Paula Davis-Laack, Stress and Resilience Expert & Health o meter™ nuyu™ brand ambassador. "It takes dedication and a shift in the mindset to realize that sleep is not a luxury, it's a necessity in order to live a more productive, happy and successful life."
Here are 6 tips from Davis-Laack to help you get a better night's rest:
- If you're tossing and turning at night, keep a journal by your bedside. Write down the stress you're experiencing or the thing you forgot to do. Once it's out of your head, your brain can switch gears and focus on sleep.
- Where is your energy going each day? Do an energy audit and map out your Energy Busters and Energy Builders both at work and outside of work. Are you spending the majority of your time on activities and in relationships that drain your energy or replenish your energy?
- When you get enough sleep you're physically and mentally healthier, your mood is better, and you're more creative!
- The key to preventing burnout is to build your stress resilience – your capacity for stress-related growth.
- People sleep better when they sit less and exercise more. The Health o meter™ nuyu™ Activity Tracker can help you manage your daily exercise goals.
- Too hot, to cold? Temperature plays a major role in how you sleep. The nuyu™ Sleep System adjusts throughout the night to work like your natural sleep cycle for a better night's rest. Learn more about temperature and sleep here.